3 Ingredient Granola Bars
I absolutely love granola bars. They are a quick snack, they taste so good, and they keep me feeling full for hours upon hours. However, some pre-made bars tend to be high in saturated fat and high in calories for such a small piece. I have learned, the more ingredients in a pre-made bar, the worse it is for you-typically.
Here is a quick and easy recipe to make your own almond butter granola bars using just 3 simple ingredients:
Yields: 16 bars
- 3/4 cup honey (or a mix of honey and agave syrup)
- 1 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- optional; mix in 1 cup mini chocolate chips, raisins, 2 Tbls. cocoa powder or dried cranberries
- Heat the almond butter & honey in a saucepan on low heat until melted. Stir & remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over oats in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly. Fold in any mix-ins if desired
- Pour & press batter into a 9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.