I love that these bars are easy to make with pantry staples and can be made in 5 minutes. Mom score! I typically double the recipe and press into a 9 x 13 pan so that they last a little longer in my home.
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats(you can use rolled oats and just blast them a few times in the food processor)
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter(use sunflower butter for a nut free option)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life chips are dairy, gluten and nut free) * Note for holidays I use holiday colored candy*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the oats, nut butter butter, seeds or coconut, salt and maple syrup. Then add in the chips and pulse a few times to get them evenly mixed in.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Leave enough paper to come out the sides.
- Press the mixture down well into the pan. You really want to pack it so the bars hold together.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set. Should take 30 minutes.
- Once set, pull the whole thing out of the pan by the extra ends of parchment paper. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. Enjoy!