7 Layer Taco Dip
7 Layer Taco Dip loaded with beans, avocado, olives, veggies, and so much more is an incredible appetizer that will be the highlight of your next party. Quick to prepare and great to make in advance, this dish will become your secret weapon.
Yields: 10 – 12 servings
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 (4oz) can mild green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups guacamole
- 12 ounces Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups pico de gallo or salsa
- 2.25 sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeños (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- served with grain-free tortilla chips
- Place ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper in a large pan over medium heat. Break the meat into small pieces. Once almost cooked through, add the taco seasonings, salt, and lime juice, mix to combine. Set aside once cooked through.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together refried beans, green chiles, salt until smooth.
- In a baking dish, spread the refried beans mixture throughout the bottom of the dish. Top with the ground beef mixture and spread evenly on top of the beans. Next top with guacamole, then Plain Greek Yogurt, iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, black olives, and optional shredded cheese, jalapeños, and cilantro on top.
- Thin out 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream with 2 Tbls lime juice and drizzle on top.
- Serve chilled with grain-free tortilla chips!