All Week Rainbow Veggie Salad
Makes About 6 Servings
- 2 small broccoli heads, stems removed (use them in this recipe)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stems removed
- 3 carrots, cleaned
- 2 cups edamame, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, or sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ons: chicken, fish, avocado, raisins, apples
- Working in batches, place the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in the food processor, fitted with the S blade, and pulse until the vegetables are fully broken down.
- Place the shallots, Dijon, vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl with salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Slowly add the olive oil until combined.
- Add the processed vegetables and whole edamame to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning as necessary. Top with nuts.
- Flavors will develop more fully if you let the salad rest for a few hours (or overnight) before serving.
Note: Serve with different add-ons throughout the week.