- Spread bottom half of focaccia with pesto.
- Arrange chicken on top of paste.
- Arrange artichokes, tomatoes, peppers, and prosciutto or ham over chicken.
- Top with cheese.
- Top with top half of focaccia; press gently.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwich; press gently to flatten.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwich while cooking).
- Cut into 4 wedges.
- Alternately you can wrap the sandwich with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes with a heavy pan or brick on top. Remove foil and serve.