Apple Spice Muffins
It’s like having coffee cake in muffin form! Gluten free and vegan.
For the muffins
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (you can pulse oats in a processor until ultra fine)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
For the crumb topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muffins in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. If you use paper muffin cups, you will need to spray them with oil before adding the batter in. This will prevent them from sticking.
- To make the crumb topping, mix all topping ingredients in a bowl. Once everything looks like it’s clumped together, sprinkle a little over each muffin.
- I used jumbo muffin cups and baked mine for about 20-25 minutes. If you use standard sized muffin cups, you can probably bake these in half the time.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the muffin pans.
Store these muffins in the fridge. They should last at least 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!