Apple Banana Muffins – 21 Day Fix Approved
If your kids are picky eaters this recipe is a great way to trick them (or yourself) into eating something healthier when you wake up. These super “healthified” muffins are awesome because they’re delicious and taste just like a regular old not-so-good-for-you muffin. (Courtesy of Beachbody and Fixate Cooking Show)
SERVES: 9 (1 muffin each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 22 min.
21 Day Fix and 80 Day Obsession Container Count (per serving): 1 blue, 1 Yellow
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 medium bananas)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ cup chopped apple (approx. ¾ medium apple)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line muffin pan with nine muffin papers and lightly coat with spray. Set
3. Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
6. Add apple; mix until just blended.
7. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups, ¾ full (approx. ¼ cup).
8. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted
into the center comes out clean.
9. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
• If you’d like a little more fiber and some omega-3 fatty acids,
replace ½ cup of your almond flour with ½ cup of ground flaxseed.
• You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered
almonds in food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make
sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds
from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields
approximately 1 cup of almond flour.