Arugula, Bean and Cranberry Salad with Apple Cider & Maple Dressing
Filled with hearty beans and sweet peppers and dried cranberries, this salad is filling and awesome to serve on the side or prep on Sunday to use as lunches for the week.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pearl barley
- 2 cups baby arugula (or spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups diced red, yellow or orange bell pepper (approx. 1 whole pepper)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Toss prepared black beans, lentils, chick peas, barley, arugula, pepper, cranberries and onion together in a large bowl.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Toss the prepared vinaigrette with the salad. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted sunflower seeds and enjoy!