Arugula Salad with Chicken and Black Beans
Sometimes, the simplest salads are the best. Like this hearty recipe that has only 5 ingredients and can be made in minutes. Chicken and black beans add protein and fiber, and avocado adds healthy fats to make it a satisfying meal for lunch or dinner. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon, or a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.
Yields: 1 serving
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Green, 1 Red, ½ Yellow, 1 Blue
- 1½ cups fresh arugula
- 4 oz cooked chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ medium avocado chopped
- Place arugula in a medium serving bowl.
- Add chicken, beans, tomato, and avocado; toss gently to blend.
- Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving) Not including dressing:
Total Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 101 mg
Sodium: 876 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 12 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 42 g