Autumn Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Packed with an abundance of autumn goodness and tossed in a citrus-y orange vinaigrette, this shaved brussels sprouts salad would be a perfect addition to any menu!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, thinly shaved with a knife, mandoline or food proccesor
- 2 medium apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup real bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/4 cup shaved gouda or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Just before serving, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve salad immediately and enjoy!