Avocado Tomato Salad
Don’t confuse this with guac — there’s way more depth of flavor, which makes it one of my favorite summer sides of all time. But the real beauty? You’re totally welcome to eat it with chips. (Just know it tastes amazing with out ’em.) Also, you can swap out the veggies. If you have extra veggies that need to be used in the fridge you can totally switch this salad up. Replace the cucumber with zucchini or add in some chopped grilled or blanched asparagus. Replace the jalapeño with bell peppers for a milder, sweeter crunch or give it more of a Mediterranean vibe with oregano instead of cumin and some feta!
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 avocados, cubed
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1/3 c. corn, fire roasted or regular
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 jalepeño, minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, arugula, jalapeño, and cilantro. Gently toss with dressing and serve immediately.