Avocado Zucchini Alfredo with Shrimp
Healthy fats from an avocado make a creamy sauce for filling zucchini noodles topped with shrimp. Courtesy of Beachbody and 2B Mindset
Yields: 4 servings: About 12 shrimp and 2 cups of zucchini each
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 blue, 1 green, 1 red
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided use
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder, divided use
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 50 raw (or cooked to speed the process) medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (approx. 12 oz.)
- 8 medium zucchini, spiralized (approx. 4 cups)
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine avocado, yogurt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. onion powder in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
- Add shrimp. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper, remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 tsp. onion powder; cook, stirring
frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from skillet.
- Add avocado mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque, and mixture is heated through.
- Evenly divide zucchini mixture between two serving plates.
- Evenly top with cheese; serve immediately.