Baby Kale Salad with Avocado, Parmesan and Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
This easy kale avocado salad recipe with lemon garlic vinaigrette and Parmesan will change how you look at kale.
Yields: 6 Servings
- 12 oz Baby kale (sold in bags by other bagged lettuce) (or regular kale with ribs removed)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (preferably extra virgin for more flavor)
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (shaved or shredded)
- 2 medium Avocado (cubed)
- 1 cup whole Almonds or pine nuts (or nut of choice)
- Place the chopped kale into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, sea salt, and black pepper, until a dressing forms. (Alternatively, place dressing ingredients into an airtight container and shake vigorously.)
- Pour the dressing over the kale leaves and toss to coat. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the leaves for a minute or two (pick up a bunch, squeeze, and repeat). Do this until the kale softens and begins to wilt. (It will happen fast with baby kale, and takes a little longer with regular kale.)
- NOTE: For regular Kale – cut kale from the ribs and chop. Pour dressing over and let it sit for 4-8 hours.
- Add the parmesan cheese, chopped avocado, and nuts right before serving. Toss again and serve!