Baked Chicken Nuggets
Chunks of chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then baked until golden. An easy chicken recipe your whole family will love! You can double these for more to use as meal prep or serve them as appetizers, because who doesn’t love chicken nuggets!
Yields: 8 servings, Serving Size: 4 oz chicken
- 2 lbs (4 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (if you only have plain add Italian seasonings)
- 1/4 panko breadcrumbs (sometimes by the Asian foods)
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray or cover with parchment paper
- Put the olive oil and pickle juice in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko, salt and pepper, paprika and parmesan cheese in another.
- Put chicken pieces in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken. (You can marinate them in this mixture overnight as well)
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through.