Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon
Baked honey cilantro lime salmon in foil is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful garlic and honey-lime sauce.
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 large salmon fillet or about 4 fillets palm size
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Juice of 2 limes (plus one lime, thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste.
- Layer the lime slices underneath and on top of the salmon.
- Stir together melted butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.
Don’t stress about the size of your salmon fillet. This recipe is very forgiving and works for one very large salmon, a couple of medium-sized fillets, or even several small individual fillets.