Baked Olive Chicken
This chicken is reminiscent of an olive pizza. If you love olives, you will love this. That being said, have fun with this recipe and add any other pizza topping that your family appreciates. Artichokes, mushrooms, bell peppers in addition to fresh herbs and even a sprinkle of cheese.
Yields 6 servings
- 3 ounces tomato paste (heaping 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 chicken cutlets (3 chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 sliced green olives with pimentos, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, options
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken cutlets on the prepped cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste with oregano and basil. Smear the paste over the chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread sliced olives over the chicken; top with diced tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes or cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.