Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat bread or serve as a simple dinner over a bed of whole wheat pasta or polenta.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.