Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
A simple recipe for deliciously textured oatmeal breakfast bars bursting with peanut butter and chocolate flavor. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Serves: 16 bars
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat flour (oats ground in blender or food processor work great)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- dried fruit such as cranberries, cherries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a food processor or large bowl, pulse or whish together eggs, butter or coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pulse or beat just until moist. (Note: Add 1 Tbls. at a time of unsweetened almond milk as needed if it looks too dry since all peanut butter can create a wet or dry texture)
- Fold in chocolate chips or mix-ins.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even and tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is a rich golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift breakfast bars out of the baking pan. Slice into 16 bars.