Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These. Are. So. Addictive and once you know how to make them, you will never have an excuse to not cook sweet potatoes again.
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- More salt for sprinkling over baked fries
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil then slide into the oven so they become hot.
- Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch sticks. Add cut potatoes to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pull hot baking sheets out of the oven and spread potatoes onto the baking sheets in one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown.
- Bake fries for 20 minutes, turning the potatoes and rotating pans midway through. Fries will be done when the edges are lightly browned and centers are tender
- Serve fries with a sprinkle of extra salt on top.