Baked Taco Bell Peppers
Take taco night to the next level with these Baked Taco Bell Peppers! These peppers are ready to transform your typical taco fare with a clean-eating twist!
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef , turkey or chicken
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or see recipe below to keep it clean)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped lettuce
- cilantro and lime as a tasty garnish
- fresh cilantro
- sliced jalapeños
- fresh chopped avocado
- black olives
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 1 Tbls of Olive oil in a pan and brown ground beef until crumbly.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (add water if required from directions if using a packet)
Slice each bell pepper in half. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem & seeds
Lay peppers on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes until al-tente.
Fill each pepper to the brim with your taco filling of choice.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then pile mile-high with all your favorite taco toppings!
Enjoy!! Anything goes on taco night! These are awesome to meal prep as a double or triple batch and use for lunch throughout the week.