Balsamic Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
This easy, healthy sheet pan chicken dinner is packed with veggies and brimming with bright flavor thanks to the balsamic dressing. Perfect thing to make on a busy weeknight!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbls minced garlic
- 1 small zucchini, stemmed, chopped into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 small yellow squash, stemmed, chopped into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 (10 oz) broccoli crown cut into small florets
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes or whole mushrooms, washed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces (this is super easy when the chicken is partially frozen)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper, tomatoes and red onion to a sheet pan, top with chicken then pour balsamic mixture over chicken and veggies, and toss.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping.
Roast in preheated oven 10 minutes. Toss with a spatula and spread into an even layer again. Return to oven and roast about 6 – 10 minutes longer until the thicker looking pieces of chicken register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Sprinkle with parsley, season with more salt to taste as desired and serve immediately.