Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana chocolate chip muffins are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. This muffins recipe has NO butter, sugar, or oil. Greek yogurt and honey are used instead.
Yields: 18 muffins
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 4 medium bananas)
- 3 cups almond flour or oat flour
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbls. Honey
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand so they are dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line muffin pan with nine muffin papers and lightly coat with spray. Set
3. Combine eggs, banana, Greek Yogurt, Honey and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
6. Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
7. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups, ¾ full (approx. ¼ cup).
8. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted
into the center comes out clean.
9. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
• You can make your own almond or oat flour by processing 1 cup slivered
almonds or rolled oats in food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make
sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds
from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds or oats yields
approximately 1 cup of flour.