Banana Oat Pancakes
Who doesn’t love pancakes? In my family my husband makes them for my kids every weekend. With this recipe they have no idea that their “special treat” has some healthy benefits. Courtesy of Fixate Cooking and Beachbody
Yields: 8 servings (1 pancake each)
80 Day Obsession Container Counts: (per serving): 1 yellow, ½ purple
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries
- Place almond milk, eggs, banana, extract, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and oats in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Heat nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip with spatula; cook for an additional 90 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with ½ cup fresh berries, each.
RECIPE NOTES: Wrap leftover pancakes in plastic wrap (or aluminum foil) and store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Pancakes can be reheated in a toaster.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Top with 1 tsp. coconut oil, ghee, or peanut butter. Don’t forget to count your extra teaspoon