Banana Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
These banana blueberry breakfast cookies are perfectly chewy and irresistible with just the right amount of sweetness! Perfect to go with breakfast or as an afternoon snack. They’re gluten free, grain free, vegan and Paleo friendly.
Yields: Servings 16 cookies
- 2 med/large banana overripe, mashed well
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid but soft (or butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour, oat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen berries, thawed
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 1 or 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk or use an electric hand mixer (recommended) to combine the mashed banana, almond butter, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
Slowly mix in with a wooden spoon almond flour, baking soda and salt.
Fold the blueberries in, then chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. The dough should be sticky but moldable.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 16 cookies onto the prepared baking sheets and gently press each one down just a bit in the center.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until set, remove from oven, wait 2 minutes, then transfer carefully to cooling racks to cool completely.
Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature to maintain the texture. Enjoy!