Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Pancakes
These pancakes are a great way to have your (pan)cake and eat it too — this is a foolproof recipe that’s not only quick and easy, but tastes absolutely delicious. The ingredients list is short and simple; the batter doesn’t have to be babied, flipping the pancakes is a breeze and you can whip them up in your blender.
Yields: 6-7 pancakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium size ripe banana, sliced
- 2 large egg whites (or one whole egg)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s
very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
2. Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until the oats have broken down and batter
3. Using a ladle or 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop batter onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is
reached. Cook until the edges begin to look dry and bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake, about 1
minute. Using a spatula, flip and cook about 2 more minutes on the other side. Repeat with the remaining
batter, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
4. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.
Recipe courtesy of Running with a Spoon and Ashley Bogan