BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Serves: 4 servings,½ flatbread each
- 2 whole wheat flatbreads (or 6½-inch whole wheat pitas or Trader Joes whole wheat pizza dough)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, reduced-sugar
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet.
- Spread barbecue sauce evenly on flatbreads.
- Top flatbreads evenly with chicken, black beans, corn, onion, and cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top evenly with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediately.
Look for barbecue sauce that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
Or, use this yummy, healthy smoky barbecue sauce!