Barbecue Hoisin Chicken
The garlicky hoisin marinade is used here with chicken, but is also delicious with pork loin, lamb chops, and shrimp.
Yields: 8 servings
* 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
* 3 tablespoons rice wine
* 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons ketchup
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 8 chicken thighs and or breasts, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- (Or Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts as a substitute for Bone-In meat)
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place 3/4 cup sauce in a large bowl; cover and chill remaining barbecue sauce.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° or the Grill
- To Bake: Remove chicken from bowl; reserve marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; baste with reserved marinade. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until done. Discard marinade.
- To Grill: Grill Bone in Chicken pieces: Grill for 10 minutes on one side, flip, and grill for another 5 – 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- To Grill: Grill Boneless in Chicken pieces: Grill for 5-6 minutes on one side, flip and grill for another 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup barbecue sauce to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drizzle chicken with sauce.