Freezer to Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 medium peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces, about 2 cups (you can find these precut as well or sub butternut squash)
- 2 large green pepper, cut into strips or cubes, about 2 cups
- 1 large red peppers, cut into strips or cubes, about 1 cup
- 2 zucchini, chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts
- 2- 15oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon ground yellow mustard
- 1 Tbls. Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Label your freezer bags with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into slow cooker
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
- Serve with Quinoa and Green Beans