Easy Beef Stroganoff cooked in one pan! Made with browned ground beef and caramelized mushrooms. Hearty, satisfying and packed with flavor! It’s rich and creamy comfort food you’ll want to make on repeat.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 (32 oz) carton low-sodium beef broth, divided (4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, cleaned, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 8 oz. dry egg noodles* (5 cups)
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of the beef broth, set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a 12-inch saute pan with tall sides or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and saute, tossing only occasionally (about every 3 minutes), until browned, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Transfer mixture to a sheet of foil or plate.
- Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add beef to skillet, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Let brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then turn and start breaking up beef, and let continue to cook until just nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Drain fat if needed (if you used 90% lean you shouldn’t need to) then add paprika and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Pour in remaining beef broth while scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add in dijon mustard, Worcestershire, mushroom mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, add egg noodles and toss the mixture, cover and reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 3 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture once more then pour into liquid in pan. Allow the mixture to simmer and thicken while stiring. Cover and continue to cook until noodles are al dente, about 2 – 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, add in Greek Yogurt and toss. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.