Bell Pepper Meatloaf Rings
A new twist on the old school meatloaf that add more veggies with the bell pepper ring and cooks in half the time because of the portioned out sizes.
Yields: 6 servings
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut ends off peppers and set aside. Remove seeds and slice peppers into 2” thick rings. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine beef with bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, thyme, garlic and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Fill each pepper with meatloaf mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup and brown sugar and brush on tops of meatloaf.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then top with cheese, and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until cheese is melty.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.