Berry Coconut Shakeology
What does the 4th of July mean to you? Maybe it conjures up a happy memory of you at 8 years old on a boat with your family. Maybe it’s watching fireworks with your first high school boyfriend or girlfriend. Maybe, if you’re like me, it makes you think of pie, cookies, ribs, and…ice cream.
As a kid, milkshake and ice cream days were the best days, but, as adults, we try to avoid indulgences — especially when it’s a priority to keep our health and fitness in check. If you’re trying to lose weight, holiday weekends can feel like an obstacle course of foods to avoid. There’s bound to be lots of tempting red, white, and blue treats coming your way today, so stave off the calorie-heavy milkshake and cupcake cravings with this festive Shakeology recipe instead.
We think even our founding fathers couldn’t have resisted this.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Strawberry Shakeology (or any flavor Shakeology)
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup Fresh or frozen blueberries (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp . unsweetened shredded coconut (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 1 cup ice
Place water, Shakeology, raspberries, blueberries, coconut, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.