Blackberry Turkey Avocado Spring Salad with Lemony Poppyseed Dressing
This salad is great for summer and with big chunks of turkey, or shredded chicken if you prefer, this can be a one stop dinner for you and your family. Save the extras for lunch the following days.
Yields: 6-8 servings
For the Salad:
- 8 cups baby spring mix
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 cups roasted turkey breast, chopped into chunks (your deli can do this for you) (can sub shredded chicken breast or cooked shrimp)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or slivered almonds
Lemony Poppyseed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing.
- Layer a platter or big serving bowl with all the salad ingredients.
- Top with dressing or serve on the side.
- Without the dressing this can be refrigerated up to 2 days.