Blackened Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
Wow! These fish tacos are juicy, spicy, and delicious, and topped with a sweet and fresh homemade peach salsa. You’ll be so enthralled with the flavors, you won’t even miss the wrap—that’s right, these tacos are on lettuce leaves!
80 Day Obsession Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 tsp
Yields: 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
Homemade Salsa: (Note: You can purchase pre-made peach salsa with clean ingredients)
- 1 peach, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- cilantro, to taste
- Kale and cabbage slaw
- Lettuce leaves, for wrapping (bib, romaine, butter)
- Dice peach and tomato. Mix in a bowl with lime juice and cilantro. Let sit.
- Meanwhile heat a pan over medium heat with coconut oil.
- Cut fish into sections.
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub mixture onto fish and place in oil.
- Cook 3-5 minutes on each side. May need to add more oil when flipping to get that browned look.
- Remove from heat and cut into small pieces.
- Assemble with a lettuce leaf, slaw, blackened fish, peach salsa and chipotle lime dressing.
Chipotle Lime Dressing
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce (not the entire can, just 1)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½-1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- All all of the ingredients to a blender except olive oil and puree.
- Slowly add olive oil into the top of the mixture while mixing over low speed.
- Enjoy and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.