If you’re a fan of the classic BLT sandwich, check out this BLT salad with avocado from Skinnytaste. Creamy, mayonnaise-marinated tomatoes, romaine lettuce and diced avocados are topped with pieces of lean bacon.
Yields: 4 servings (2 cups each)
- 12 slices lean, center-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Pinch kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the mayonnaise, and season with a little salt and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside for about 10 minutes to let the tomatoes release their juices as this will be the “dressing” to your salad.
- To serve, divide the chopped lettuce and tomatoes onto 4 plates, then top each with diced avocado and chopped bacon.