Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
These bars are studded with fresh, juicy blueberries, with a hint of tangy lemon. Every bite is bursting with flavor, they’re only lightly sweetened and have this wonderful hearty texture. A fill-you-up bar that’s perfect for oatmeal, fruit and on-the-go breakfast lovers alike.
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup honey or coconut sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9″x 9″ baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, quinoa, honey & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, nut butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny. (If it is too runny add another ¼ cup of oats)
- Fold in the blueberries
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 – 35 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles).
- Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days.