Breakfast Burritos – Campfire and Oven Style
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- 8 oz cooked diced ham or crumbled sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the hash browns and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add in the ham. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the hash browns and ham have both browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Whisk in the salsa.
- When the hash browns and ham have browned, pour the eggs into the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs have set. Stir in the green chiles, salt, cheese and cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas. Put 1/8 of the egg mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up like a burrito and wrap tightly in foil. Store in a ziptop bag in the refrigerator or in a cooler.
To Campfire Cook
- When ready to cook, place wrapped burritos in hot coals next to fire. Let the burritos sit in the coals, turning once, until heated through, about 10-15 minutes. (The time will depend on how hot your fire is.)
To Warm in the Oven
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and place foil wrapped burritos directly in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes to warm throughout.