Breakfast Salad seems to be my go-to when I plate eggs and toast, whether it’s a lazy weekend or when I’m headed out the door and need something fast that I can throw in a container head out the door with. Salad in the morning allows me to fuel my body with all the good stuff right away after I wake up so the rest of the day I feel awake enough to keep making good food choices. Have fun with this and play around with flavors and textures.
- Greens: Arugula, baby kale, spring greens mix, spinach
- Soft and Creamy: Feta cheese, chevré, avocado, roasted tomatoes
- Fresh and Bright: Shaved radish, thinly sliced cucumbers, beets, butternut squash
- Kick up the Flavor: With a handful of roughly chopped herbs (dill, cilantro, parsley, basil)
- Dress it: Squeeze lemon or balsamic vinegar over your greens and drizzle on a bit of olive oil
You can even crown your salad with an egg or two, cooked to your preference.