Breakfast Sausage – 21 Day Fix Approved
Sometimes, you just gotta have some sausage with breakfast. Am I right?! That’s been my experience anyway. What else could possibly pair so well with eggs or on an English muffin in cheese? This 21 day Fix approved turkey breakfast sausage recipe is a delicious solution to the same ol’, same ol’ for breakfast..or dinner!
Yields: 4 servings (¾ cup each)
Portion Fix Containers (per serving): 1 red
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 dash ground juniper berries (optional)
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ice cold water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Combine turkey, maple syrup, salt, sage, rosemary, pepper, juniper, nutmeg, and water in a large mixing bowl; mix with clean hands until just blended. (Do not over mix, as that will make the sausage tough.) Set aside. (Optional: divide into 8 equal portions to make patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey mixture or patties. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink and the patties are cooked through or the sausage crumbles are no longer pink.
• If possible, use dark amber maple syrup, which can be found at upscale markets or online.
• If you can’t find juniper berries at your local store, check online.
• Sausage can be held raw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 day for in the freezer for 3 months