These babies are freezer-friendly so I can actually make a ton of them! Simply bake these according to the directions listed below and freeze them so you can fulfill you taquito cravings any time. They definitely come in handy in the mornings where I can pop these into the microwave for 1 minute, wrapped in a damp paper towel and then indulge in breakfast taquito loaded with eggs, Italian sausage and sun dried tomatoes . It’s a breakfast of champions!
Beachbody Container Equivalents: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green
- 16 corn tortillas, softened to room tempurature
- 8 large eggs
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage (you can buy pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles in the freezer section to make prep even easier)
- 1/2 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers, red, green, yellow, orange
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large pan heated with 1 tsp. olive oil, cook the sausage until almost cooked through with the sliced pepper. Add the eggs and sun-dried tomatoes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Working one at a time, transfer tortilla to a work surface; place egg mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the tortilla is reached. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling.
- Place taquitos seam side down onto prepared baking sheet and bake until taquitos are crisp. About 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze batches of 2 in plastic baggies so you can heat and serve on busy mornings.