- In a large bowl Stir in cumin, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Cut ends off the peppers and remove the seed and cut into rings. Slice cucumber into 1/4-in. rounds and cut in half again if large.
- Add peppers, cucumber, and chickpeas to salad dressing and toss to blend well.
- Let stand about 1 hour, then stir in parsley.
- Add sliced hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, shrimp or white fish.
Make ahead: Up to 4 hours, chilled airtight; add parsley just before serving.