Broccoli Tots – 21 Day Fix Approved
Everyone will get excited about these Broccoli Tots. They make a great snack, side dish, or even a fun appetizer to serve to guests. It’s a fun, bite-sized treat for kids and adults alike. So go ahead and give them a try — you know you want to!
Yields 4 servings: (approx. 6 tots each)
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): 1 green, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 blue
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs (or 1 cup whole grain crackers)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in food processor; process until it is rice-like consistency.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl, cover with a paper towel and cook on high for 2 minutes. Blot with a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Place broccoli back in the food processor and add eggs, cheese, bread crumbs (or crackers), onion powder, garlic powder and salt in food processor; pulse until well blended.
- To make each tot, shape approximately 1 packed Tbsp. broccoli mixture into tot shape. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, rotating pan after 12 minutes, or until crispy.
• Store leftover tots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to