Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Casserole
Loaded buffalo chicken and sweet potato casserole is easy and a crowd-pleaser. For more sensitive palates, reduce the hot sauce measurement by half.
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, diced
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (or purchase 6 cups of pre-cubed sweet potato in your grocer’s refrigerator section)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (any color)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
Preheat oven to 500°F (yup, it’s’ going to be hot)
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat. Then add the potatoes to a greased baking dish.
- When scooping the potatoes into the baking dish, leave behind any extra olive oil/hot sauce mix.
- Add the diced chicken to the remaining olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat all the chicken. Allow to marinate as the potatoes bake.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven, lower the oven temperature to 400°F and add the marinated chicken and top with sliced bell peppers.
- In a large bowl mix all the topping ingredients together. Top the raw chicken with the topping.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly delicious.
- Top with a drizzle of sour cream or homemade ranch dressing.