Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This Buffalo Chicken Casserole is the perfect comfort food dish made healthy!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium-large size
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 cup Hot Sauce Franks
- 2.5 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup homemade ranch dressing
- 3 eggs
- 1 jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 425. Using a sharp knife, make 3-5 slits in the squash and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 or until it is fork-tender (cooking time may vary depending on the size of the squash. Set squash aside to cool
- Cut the squash in half, remove & discard the seeds. Then scrape out the flesh with a fork
- Add cooled and shredded squash to a strainer and squeeze out excess moisture
- Melt the butter and hot sauce in a saucepan over low heat, then toss with the shredded chicken
- In a large bowl mix the celery, bell pepper, ranch, chicken mixture.
- Add the squash noodles to the chicken mixture, season with salt if needed and pepper to taste then pour into an 8×8 baking dish
- In the same bowl, beat the eggs and then pour over the mixture in the baking dish
Gently move the mixture around to help the eggs settle into it and top with optional sliced jalapenos.
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes, then broil on high for an additional 5 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top
- Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing into servings
Top with more ranch and hot sauce as desired