Buffalo Chicken Burgers and Carrot Fries
Feel free to dress these buffalo chicken burgers up any way you like. Smothering them in extra hot sauce, crunchy shredded cabbage or adding strips of turkey bacon are definitely good ways to go! You can even omit the bun to keep these burgers high in protein and vegetables and wrap them in a lettuce bun.
- 1 1 ⁄ 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 ⁄ 4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 oz crumbled blue or feta cheese
- 1 ⁄ 3 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 6 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 lb. carrots. peeled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, celery, hot sauce, and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add patties.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
- Stir together cheese and Yogurt; place burgers on bottom buns.
- Top with cheese mixture, lettuce leaves and bun tops.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut carrots into sticks; toss with oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until carrots are tender.