Buffalo Chicken Salad – 21 day Fix Approved
It’s got buffalo chicken, it’s got ranch dressing, AND it’s Fix-approved! We should call this the Miracle Salad because
the impossible just became reality. (Courtesy of Beachbody
Yields: 4 servings (approx. 2 cups each)
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 green, 1 red, ½ blue, ½ teaspoon
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- ¼ cup FIXATE Buffalo Sauce (see below for recipe)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup matchstick-sized carrot pieces (approx. 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup matchstick-sized celery pieces (approx. 1 medium)
- ½ cup FIXATE Ranch Dressing (see separate recipe for FIXATE Ranch Dressing)
- ½ cup blue cheese or feta crumbles
- Combine chicken and buffalo sauce in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine lettuce, carrots, celery, and ranch dressing in a large bowl; toss
gently to blend.
- Divide lettuce mixture evenly (approx. 1 cup each) between four serving
- Top evenly with chicken (approx. ¾ cup each) and top each with 2 Tbsp. blue or feta cheese, if desired.
• This is a perfect way to use your meal-prepped chicken
Fixate Buffalo Sauce
Yields: 8 servings (approx. 2 Tbsp. each or 1 full cup)
Container Equivalents: (per serving): 1 tsp
- ¾ cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. butter or ghee (clarified butter
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. cornstarch + 2 tsp. water (combine to make a slurry)
- Combine hot sauce, ghee, water, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; gently boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch slurry; cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened.
• Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in
the freezer for up to 3 months.