Butternut Squash Soup With Roasted Chicken – 21 Day Fix Approved
Butternut squash and corn provide naturally sweet flavor to this Butternut Squash soup with roasted chicken. I love picking up the trays of already diced butternut squash in my produce department to make meals like this even easier to prepare.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 2 Tbsp. dried thyme)
- 2 tsp.Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground white pepper (to taste; optional)
- 16 oz. rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded (or leftover diced chicken breasts)
- 1 cup frozen corn (or roasted corn)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (or pre-packaged fresh cubed butternut squash)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth and thyme. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn, and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Divide evenly between eight serving bowls.