Cabbage Steaks with Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Beachbody and 2B Mindset
Yields: 4 servings of 2-3 halves of cabbage steaks with 2 Tbls. Dressing
- 1 large green (or red) cabbage, cut in half lengthwise, cut into ½-inch half-moon steaks
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground paprika
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. all-natural ketchup
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cabbage on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika. Lightly coat tops with spray.Bake for 1 hour, or until cabbage is tender.
- While cabbage is baking, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, ketchup, bell pepper, onion, pickles, vinegar, water, and cayenne pepper (if desired) in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Serve 2 to 3 half-moons of cabbage with 2 Tbsp. dressing.