California Grilled Chicken
This is sooo good and tastes like summer. Marinated chicken, grilled and smothered with the perfect pairing of mozzarella, avocado, tomato, basil and balsamic. Yes please! You can marinate it overnight and prep all the toppings the night before a gathering or family meal and you will wow even your pickiest eater.
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 4 slices avocado
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp. sliced basil
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, honey, oil, and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts and marinate 20 minutes or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 170ºF on an instant-read thermometer (about 5 minutes each side)
- Top chicken with mozzarella, avocado, and tomato and cover grill to melt, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.