CALIFORNIA CHOPPED KALE SALAD
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (or 3 cups cooked)
- 3 cups de-stemmed kale, chopped (you can buy this in a bag by the bagged salads)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup edamame (or chickpeas, etc.)
- 1 cup sliced grapes (or craisins)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 tablespoons White Wine vinegar or Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tbls. lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium sized pot, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a food processor, pulse the kale, bell pepper and carrots until finely minced, not mushy. Add the remaining salad ingredients with the kale, bell pepper and carrots in a big bowl and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or blending them in a small food processor.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!
- Stays fresh in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, even with the dressing on.
- Can replace quinoa with brown rice, etc.
- Add any additional veggies you like!