Caprese Shrimp with Pasta
This colorful pasta dish is full of flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked dried penne (I used gluten free Chickpea pasta)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or 4 vine tomatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/4 cup jarred pesto
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls or cubed mozzarella (you can sub crumbled feta in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat until sizzling. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes and oregano; sauté 1 minute or until softened.
- Add in pesto and set the skillet to simmer.
- Add shrimp; sauté, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, mozzarella, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar; stir until coated and heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.